- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup Burgundy wine
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- Brown meat in hot oil; salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to 2-qt. baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over meat. Cover and bake at 350° about 2 hours or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally. Add small amount of beef broth if you like more gravy. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Candlelight Stew in Country Woman July/August 2000, p60
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Candlelight Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review