- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup Burgundy wine
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- Brown meat in hot oil; salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to 2-qt. baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over meat. Cover and bake at 350° about 2 hours or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally. Add small amount of beef broth if you like more gravy. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Candlelight Stew in Country Woman July/August 2000, p60
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Candlelight Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >