Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe
My town is known as the Yam Capital of the United States. This is a simple recipe that goes well with baked ham or roasted turkey.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1. Place the sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; boil gently 30-45 minutes or until potatoes can be easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- 2. While potatoes cool, preheat oven to 375°. When sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel potatoes and cut into wedges. Place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Dot with butter; drizzle with corn syrup.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until bubbly, basting with sauce occasionally. Yield: 8-10 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC