Candied Sweet Potatoes
My town is known as the Yam Capital of the United States. This is a simple recipe that goes well with baked ham or roasted turkey.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large kettle and cover with water.
- Cover and bring to a boil; boil gently for 30-45 minutes or until
- potatoes can be easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes and cut into wedges. Place
- in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with brown
- sugar and cinnamon. Dot with butter; drizzle with corn syrup.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly,
- basting with sauce occasionally. Yield: 8-10 servings.