This nice old-fashioned side dish is perfect for the holidays and easily down-sized for two, it's a dish that can be made often to complement any meal. The touch of pineapple juice adds a nice flavor.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened pineapple or orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place sweet potato in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place in a greased shallow 2-cup baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans, pineapple juice, lemon juice and cinnamon; sprinkle over sweet potato slices. Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Candied Sweet Potatoes in Reminisce Extra November 2006, p52
Reviews for Candied Sweet Potatoes with Pecans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review