Candied Sweet Potatoes with Pecans Recipe
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened pineapple or orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place sweet potato in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place in a greased shallow 2-cup baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans, pineapple juice, lemon juice and cinnamon; sprinkle over sweet potato slices. Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Candied Sweet Potatoes with Pecans(1)
Sort By :
I doubled this recipe. First off I used juice from a large fresh orange, omitted the lemon juice. I grated in some orange rind, used the cinnamon, and mixed in 1 1/2 t. corn starch. I then added the butter and a pinch of salt, cooked in the micro-wave until the butter was melted. I prepared this the night before, as I was making it for Thanksgiving and wanted all my sides completed. The next day I baked it in the oven, uncovered for 15 mins. My family and I like marshmallows, so I then topped it with mini marshmallows, put it back in the oven until the marshmallows were golden brown. This was delish. Would have been better with the pecans, however, I was out. Next time a definite addition
More Recipe Collections
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >