My town is known as the Yam Capital of the United States. This is a simple recipe that goes well with baked ham or roasted turkey.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- Place the sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; boil gently 30-45 minutes or until potatoes can be easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- While potatoes cool, preheat oven to 375°. When sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel potatoes and cut into wedges. Place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Dot with butter; drizzle with corn syrup.
- Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until bubbly, basting with sauce occasionally. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Candied Sweet Potatoes in Country October/November 2001, p49
Reviews for Candied Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2015
"These are good and easy to make. I do cheat sometimes and used canned sweet potatoes. I usually add mini marshmallows to the top as well. My family likes marshmallows on their candied potatoes."