- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large kettle and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; boil gently for 30-45 minutes or until potatoes can be easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes and cut into wedges. Place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Dot with butter; drizzle with corn syrup.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly, basting with sauce occasionally. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Candied Sweet Potatoes in Country October/November 2001, p49
Reviews for Candied Sweet Potatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review