Candied Pumpkin Spice Pecans
You’ll be tempted to take possession of the bowl and eat up all of these sweet and spicy nuts. Before you know it, they’ll be gone! —Julie Puderbaugh, Berwick, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep:15 min. + cooling
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- In a large heavy non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar. Cook until mixture turns an amber color, about 3-4
- minutes, stirring occasionally (mixture will separate).
- Stir in pie spice and vanilla; add pecans. Reduce heat; cook and stir
- 3-4 minutes longer or until pecans are toasted. Spread onto foil to
- cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup equals 383 calories, 34 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.