Candied Pumpkin Seeds
Golden brown and sure to be a hit with the kids, this sweet treat is the creation of our Taste of Home Test Kitchen. Give them plenty of time to cool before breaking into pieces.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Spread into a greased
- foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45-50 minutes or until seeds are
- well-glazed, stirring occasionally. Cool completely; break into
- pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 124 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.