- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Spread into a greased foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45-50 minutes or until seeds are well-glazed, stirring occasionally. Cool completely; break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 cup.
Reviews for Candied Pumpkin Seeds
"I let my pumpkin seeds dry out overnight. I didn't have pumpkin spice so I used cinnamon instead. I also added about 2 tablespoons of melted butter. They turned out delicious!"
"These are awesome! Will save this for many years to come!"
"Very good, but made a few adjustments that made it a bit better... Melted 1/8c of butter with 1/4c brown sugar, 1/4tsp cinnamon, and dash a vanilla extract then shook in ziplock bag with approx 1c pumpkin seeds and baked on 275 degrees for 30min flipping occasionally. Delicious!"
"Yum!! I doubled the seeds to 2 cups but kept everything else the same and they are delicious. I will definitely be making these again!"
"I would melt butter and toss the seeds in butter before adding the sugar and spice. My seeds didn't glaze either and all the sugar is in the bottom of the bowl. I was quite disappointed. Next time I will add butter first."