Candied Pecan Pear Salad Recipe
For special occasions, I like to dress up packaged salad greens with sweet pears, crunchy pecans and a slightly tart pomegranate dressing.—Douglas Wasdyke, Effort, Pennsylvania
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds, divided
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 large pear
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a small heavy skillet, melt butter. Add pecans; cook over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- 2. For dressing, in a blender, combine 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 3. Cut pear into thin slices; sprinkle with lemon juice. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, pears, blue cheese and candied pecans. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
1 cup: 252 calories, 24g fat (4g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Candied Pecan Pear Salad
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2013
"Perfect for any season!"
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2013
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC