For special occasions, I like to dress up packaged salad greens with sweet pears, crunchy pecans and a slightly tart pomegranate dressing.—Douglas Wasdyke, Effort, Pennsylvania
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds, divided
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 large pear
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a small heavy skillet, melt butter. Add pecans; cook over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- For dressing, in a blender, combine 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Cut pear into thin slices; sprinkle with lemon juice. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, pears, blue cheese and candied pecans. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Candied Pecan Pear Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p112
Reviews for Candied Pecan Pear Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2013
"Perfect for any season!"
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2013