I clipped this recipe 20 years ago. It's a great substitute for candied sweet potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, honey and salt until smooth. Add parsnips. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until parsnips are tender. Add orange peel. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Candied Parsnips in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p246
Reviews for Candied Parsnips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review