Candied Parsnips Strips
Tender strips of yellow parsnips are coated in a slightly sweet honey sauce. Recipes like this with four ingredients are great to have on hand.
—Linda Bussing, Lake Stevens, Washington
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 2 pounds parsnips, trimmed
- 1/4 pound butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Minced fresh parsley
- With a vegetable peeler, peel parsnip. In a Dutch oven cook parsnips
- in a small amount of salted boiling water for 25 minutes or until
- tender; drain. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Cut parsnips into slices or julienned strips. In the same pan, melt
- butter. Stir in honey and nutmeg. Add parsnips and stir to coat.
- Cook until lightly browned. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8