I clipped this recipe 20 years ago. It's a great substitute for candied sweet potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, honey and salt until smooth. Add parsnips. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until parsnips are tender. Add orange peel. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Candied Parsnips in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p246
Reviews for Candied Parsnips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2016
"I had never cooked with parsnips and decided now was the time! (Plus a challenge from Susan!) These were delicious! I took them to a potluck and people raved over them! The kids loved them too!! This recipe is a winner for sure!!"