- Spread half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Spread date mixture over batter; sprinkle with reserved orange
- pieces. Spread remaining batter over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Editor's Note: To make cutting orange slices easier, use a kitchen shears dipped in water. Or first toss them in 1 to 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar; use a mesh strainer or colander to shake off excess sugar.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 171 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.