These beautiful flowers can be had either plain or they can be used to decorate a cake or cupcakes. They look fancy and will make any cake elegant.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 30 min. + standing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Individual lilac blossoms, stems removed
- Finely granulated sugar
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook and stir over medium
- heat until a candy thermometer reads 220°. Remove from the heat;
- cool to room temperature. Using a tweezers, dip lilac petals into
- the syrup, shaking off excess; dip into fine sugar. Place lilacs on
- sugar-coated waxed paper for 4 hours or until dry, turning
- occasionally. Store uncovered. Yield: about 3/4 cup syrup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 129 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.