Candied-Ginger Sweet Potatoes Recipe
I don’t like sweet potatoes, so when my cousin served these last Thanksgiving, I took some just to be polite. The delectable blend of maple, apricot and ginger flavors made me go back for seconds!
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place the sweet potatoes in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 30 minutes, stirring twice.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Pour over sweet potatoes; toss to coat. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until tender. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 251 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Candied-Ginger Sweet Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC