Candied Fruit Platter
"Yummy chocolate-dipped fruits make a perfect dessert and a pretty arrangement on your table. I like to use them for brunches or buffets."
Dina Nicastro, Thornhill, Ontario
20 ServingsPrep: 1-1/4 hours
- Assorted fruit: sliced apples and starfruit, peeled quartered kiwifruit, cubed fresh pineapple, dried apricots, dried sliced pineapple and apples, and fresh strawberries, grapes and sweet cherries
- Caramels and Tootsie Roll Midgees
- Pretzel dipping sticks
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 pound white candy coating, chopped
- Toasted coconut and finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, optional
- Prepare fruit; pat dry with paper towels. Microwave unwrapped
- candies, one at a time, for 10 seconds each. Wrap softened candies
- around strawberries and pretzel sticks as desired.
- In a microwave, melt milk chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons
- shortening; stir until smooth. Repeat with semisweet chocolate
- chips and remaining shortening. Melt candy coating; stir until
- Dip fruit and pretzels into melted coatings; decorate as desired.
- Sprinkle with coconut and pecans if desired. Place on waxed paper;
- let stand until set. Yield: varies.