Candied Fruit Platter Recipe
"Yummy chocolate-dipped fruits make a perfect dessert and a pretty arrangement on your table. I like to use them for brunches or buffets." Dina Nicastro, Thornhill, Ontario
- Assorted fruit: sliced apples and starfruit, peeled quartered kiwifruit, cubed fresh pineapple, dried apricots, dried sliced pineapple and apples, and fresh strawberries, grapes and sweet cherries
- Caramels and Tootsie Roll Midgees
- Pretzel dipping sticks
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 pound white candy coating, chopped
- Toasted coconut and finely chopped pecans, optional
- 1. Prepare fruit; pat dry with paper towels. Microwave unwrapped candies, one at a time, for 10 seconds each. Wrap softened candies around strawberries and pretzel sticks as desired.
- 2. In a microwave, melt milk chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons shortening; stir until smooth. Repeat with semisweet chocolate chips and remaining shortening. Melt candy coating; stir until smooth.
- 3. Dip fruit and pretzels into melted coatings; decorate as desired. Sprinkle with coconut and pecans if desired. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: varies.
Reviews for Candied Fruit Platter
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC