Candied Fruit Platter Recipe
"Yummy chocolate-dipped fruits make a perfect dessert and a pretty arrangement on your table. I like to use them for brunches or buffets." Dina Nicastro, Thornhill, Ontario
- Assorted fruit: sliced apples and starfruit, peeled quartered kiwifruit, cubed fresh pineapple, dried apricots, dried sliced pineapple and apples, and fresh strawberries, grapes and sweet cherries
- Caramels and Tootsie Roll Midgees
- Pretzel dipping sticks
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 pound white candy coating, chopped
- Toasted coconut and finely chopped pecans, optional
- Prepare fruit; pat dry with paper towels. Microwave unwrapped candies, one at a time, for 10 seconds each. Wrap softened candies around strawberries and pretzel sticks as desired.
- In a microwave, melt milk chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons shortening; stir until smooth. Repeat with semisweet chocolate chips and remaining shortening. Melt candy coating; stir until smooth.
- Dip fruit and pretzels into melted coatings; decorate as desired. Sprinkle with coconut and pecans if desired. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: varies.
Originally published as Candied Fruit Platter in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p14
Reviews for Candied Fruit Platter(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Fruit Appetizers >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >