Candied Fruit Cranberry Chutney Recipe
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 5 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 123 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Candied Fruit Cranberry Chutney
"This was good served with our Thanksgiving dinner. I actually liked the flavor better when the sauce was still warm, so I am going to try heating some up a little with the leftovers."