Candied Fruit Cranberry Chutney Recipe
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 5 cups.
1/4 cup: 123 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Candied Fruit Cranberry Chutney
"This was good served with our Thanksgiving dinner. I actually liked the flavor better when the sauce was still warm, so I am going to try heating some up a little with the leftovers."