“I serve this sweet-tart condiment with turkey, chicken and pork, and find it a nice little gift to share with family and friends at holiday time,” writes Heather Hewgill of Elora, Ontario.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Candied Fruit Cranberry Chutney in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p9
Reviews for Candied Fruit Cranberry Chutney
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2012
"This was good served with our Thanksgiving dinner. I actually liked the flavor better when the sauce was still warm, so I am going to try heating some up a little with the leftovers."