- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Candied Fruit Cranberry Chutney in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p9
Reviews for Candied Fruit Cranberry Chutney
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2012
This was good served with our Thanksgiving dinner. I actually liked the flavor better when the sauce was still warm, so I am going to try heating some up a little with the leftovers.