Candied Fruit Cookies Recipe
"These no-fuss drop cookies are both nutty and fruity, so they're always a hit at holiday time," notes busy baker Florence Monson of Denver, Colorado.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups pitted dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup each chopped candied cherries and pineapple
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped Brazil nuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in fruits and nuts.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 59 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC