Candied Edible Flowers Recipe
To coat the flower petals with the sugar mixture, I use a kids' paint brush. I've also frozen some of the sugared blooms after they've dried to use at a later date.
- 2 teaspoons meringue powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 40 to 50 edible blossoms or flower petals of your choice, such as pansies, edible orchids or rose petals
- 1-1/4 cups superfine sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve meringue powder in water. Lightly brush over all sides of flowers to coat completely. Sprinkle with sugar.
- 2. Let dry on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet for 1-2 days. Use as a garnish for dessert. Yield: 40-50 candied flowers.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Candied Edible Flowers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC