Candied Corn Medley Recipe
This was my kids' favorite holiday dish when they were growing up. They're now adults and still ask me to make it when they visit.—Eleanor Townsend, Punta Gorda, Florida
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 5 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potato in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender, adding carrots during the last 5 minutes; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 3. In the same pan, saute onion in oil and reserved drippings until tender. Stir in the corn, syrup, salt, pepper and bacon. Drain potato mixture; add to skillet. Heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 154 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Candied Corn Medley
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC