This was my kids' favorite holiday dish when they were growing up. They're now adults and still ask me to make it when they visit.—Eleanor Townsend, Punta Gorda, Florida
Featured In: 23 Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potato in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender, adding carrots during the last 5 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the same pan, saute onion in oil and reserved drippings until tender. Stir in the corn, syrup, salt, pepper and bacon. Drain potato mixture; add to skillet. Heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Candied Corn Medley in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p35
Reviews for Candied Corn Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review