Decorating is made easy when cranberries and tangerines dress up a simply frosted cake. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
3 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min. + standing
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 10 to 12 large tangerine or medium orange slices
- In a Dutch oven, combine sugar and water; bring to a boil. Add
- tangerine slices; reduce heat to medium. Cook until slices are
- translucent, about 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Reduce heat;
- simmer until slices are tender but still intact, about 10 minutes,
- turning occasionally.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove slices to a wire rack or
- parchment paper-lined baking pan. Let stand at room temperature
- overnight to dry. (Save syrup for another use.) If desired, cut
- slices in half; use to decorate a cake, pie or other dessert. Yield:
- 10 to 12 tangerine slices.