Candied Cherry Nut Bars Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups salted mixed nuts
- 1-1/2 cups halved green and red candied cherries
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until set.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the egg, salt and remaining brown sugar until blended. Stir in the nuts, cherries and chocolate chips. Spoon evenly over crust.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until topping is set. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 145 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Candied Cherry Nut Bars
"This recipe actually appeared in an old TOH annual recipe book. I've been making these bars every Christmas and they are not only delicious but festive. The only thing I do differently is to chop the larger nuts into smaller pieces. I buy the nut mix that's peanut-free for allergy reasons. If you want to make the bars throughout the year, stock up on the candied cherries. They're sometimes hard to find once the holidays are over."