Candied Cherry Hermits
Candied cherries give traditional spice hermit cookies a new taste twist. They're so moist and chewy it's hard to eat just one.
21 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 3/4 cup candied cherries, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine
- the flour, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed
- mixture and mix well. Stir in the pecans, raisins and cherries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 191 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.