Candied Cereal Mix
"This is a favorite treat at our house," says Lisa Elliott of West Plains, Missouri. "It's so easy to make and convenient for snacking on the go."
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 cups rice chex
- 6 cups corn chex
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-1/2 minutes or until sugar is
- dissolved and corn syrup is bubbly, stirring frequently. Stir in
- vanilla and baking soda; microwave 20 seconds longer or until the
- mixture begins to foam.
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals. Add syrup mixture and toss to
- coat. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10
- minutes. Remove to waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: about 3 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 207 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.