Candied-Almond Chocolate Strawberries
For a special presentation, I sprinkle a serving tray with crushed almonds, lay these strawberries on top and garnish them with mint leaves. —Laura McAllister, Morganton, North Carolina
60 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + standing
- 60 fresh strawberries (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups honey-roasted almonds
- 1 package (10 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely
- dry. Place almonds in a food processor; cover and process to desired
- fineness. Transfer to a shallow bowl; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; add cayenne and stir
- until smooth. Dip strawberries in melted chocolate; allow excess to
- drip off. Roll berries in almonds; place on waxed paper and let
- stand until set. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 dipped strawberry equals 52 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.