Candidate's Choice Short Ribs
"These ribs are tender and tasty as if they've been cooking for hours. The tangy ketchup mixture enhances the already savory flavor."
Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
7 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + simmering Broil: 10 min.
- 5 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place ribs in a Dutch oven; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain ribs; place
- on a broiler pan. Brush with some of the barbecue sauce. Broil 4-5
- in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes on each side or until sauce is
- bubbly. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 348 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 729 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a