- 5 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place ribs in a Dutch oven; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain ribs; place on a broiler pan. Brush with some of the barbecue sauce. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes on each side or until sauce is bubbly. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 7 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Candidate's Choice Short Ribs
Sort By :
I clicked to this one because it listed the time as 20 minutes...
NOT! Try 1 to 2 hours... That really should be listed on the main listing.