"These ribs are tender and tasty as if they've been cooking for hours. The tangy ketchup mixture enhances the already savory flavor." Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
- 5 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place ribs in a Dutch oven; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain ribs; place on a broiler pan. Brush with some of the barbecue sauce. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes on each side or until sauce is bubbly. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Candidate's Choice Short Ribs in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p63
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Candidate's Choice Short Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review