- 5 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place ribs in a Dutch oven; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain ribs; place on a broiler pan. Brush with some of the barbecue sauce. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes on each side or until sauce is bubbly. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Candidate's Choice Short Ribs in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p63
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Candidate's Choice Short Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2009
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2008
I clicked to this one because it listed the time as 20 minutes...
NOT! Try 1 to 2 hours... That really should be listed on the main listing.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Ribs >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >