Canadian Pork Roast with Gravy
My son wanted a recipe he could make in the slow cooker while he took his new girlfriend out for a bike ride on their second date. This is the meal I came up with for him. —Marilyn McCrory, Creston, British Columbia
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 boneless whole Pork Loin roast (3 pounds)
Tender pork loin will be the star of your holiday table.
Learn More >
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the
- syrup, lemon juice, mustard and garlic; pour over pork. Cover and
- cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain cooking juices;
- transfer 1 cup to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water
- until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast; serve with
- gravy. Yield: 10 servings.