Whenever we have a brunch at school, I always make these meatballs, and everyone looks forward to sampling them. They make about 5 dozen so they are ideal for potlucks. —Terry Skibiski, Barrington, Illinois
Recommended: 50 Best Comfort Foods from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- MAPLE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, bread crumbs, cheese and onion. Crumble sausages over mixture and mix well. With wet hands, shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Drain onto paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, whisk the sauce ingredients until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add meatballs; stir to coat. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Canadian Meatballs in Taste of Home A+ Recipes from Schools Across America 2013, p38