- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Italian Ground Sausage
- MAPLE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, bread crumbs, cheese and onion. Crumble sausages over mixture and mix well. With wet hands, shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Drain onto paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, whisk the sauce ingredients until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add meatballs; stir to coat. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Canadian Meatballs in Taste of Home A+ Recipes from Schools Across America 2013, p38
Reviews for Canadian Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review