Canadian Bacon With Apples
When the holidays roll around, I'd rather spend time with family and friends than be stuck in the kitchen. So I've come to rely on easy-to-fix recipes like this. No one can resist Canadian bacon and apples coated with a brown sugar glaze. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large unpeeled red apple
- 1 large unpeeled green apple
- 1 pound sliced Canadian bacon
- In a large skillet, combine the brown sugar, lemon juice and pepper.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cut each
- apple into 16 wedges; add to brown sugar mixture. Cook over medium
- heat for 5-7 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove
- apples to a serving platter with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Add Canadian bacon to the skillet; cook over medium heat for 3
- minutes or until heated through, turning once. Transfer to platter.
- Pour remaining brown sugar mixture over apples and bacon. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 199 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 744 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.