Canadian Bacon With Apples Recipe
When the holidays roll around, I'd rather spend time with family and friends than be stuck in the kitchen. So I've come to rely on easy-to-fix recipes like this. No one can resist Canadian bacon and apples coated with a brown sugar glaze. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large unpeeled red apple
- 1 large unpeeled green apple
- 1 pound sliced Canadian bacon
- 1. In a large skillet, mix brown sugar, lemon juice and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cut each apple into 16 wedges; add to brown sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat until apples are tender, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove apples to a platter with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- 2. Add bacon to skillet; cook over medium heat, turning once, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to platter. Pour remaining brown sugar mixture over apples and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 199 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 744mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Canadian Bacon With Apples
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC