Canadian Bacon With Apples Recipe
When the holidays roll around, I'd rather spend time with family and friends than be stuck in the kitchen. So I've come to rely on easy-to-fix recipes like this. No one can resist Canadian bacon and apples coated with a brown sugar glaze. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large unpeeled red apple
- 1 large unpeeled green apple
- 1 pound sliced Canadian bacon
- 1. In a large skillet, combine the brown sugar, lemon juice and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cut each apple into 16 wedges; add to brown sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove apples to a serving platter with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- 2. Add Canadian bacon to the skillet; cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until heated through, turning once. Transfer to platter. Pour remaining brown sugar mixture over apples and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 199 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 744 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC