When the holidays roll around, I'd rather spend time with family and friends than be stuck in the kitchen. So I've come to rely on easy-to-fix recipes like this. No one can resist Canadian bacon and apples coated with a brown sugar glaze. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large unpeeled red apple
- 1 large unpeeled green apple
- 1 pound sliced Canadian bacon
- In a large skillet, combine the brown sugar, lemon juice and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cut each apple into 16 wedges; add to brown sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove apples to a serving platter with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Add Canadian bacon to the skillet; cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until heated through, turning once. Transfer to platter. Pour remaining brown sugar mixture over apples and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Canadian Bacon With Apples in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p8
Reviews for Canadian Bacon With Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review