Canadian Bacon-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
“I served this to company during the holidays and their response was great," writes Joan Airey of Rivers, Manitoba. "For extra color, I sometimes sprinkle the mushrooms with fresh parsley after they’re baked.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:30-35 servings
- 30 to 35 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 pound Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop; set caps aside. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, bacon, red pepper, onion, salt and pepper in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheeses. Fill each mushroom cap with about 1 tablespoon of filling.
- 3. Place on foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 30-35 appetizers.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC