Canadian Bacon-Stuffed Mushrooms
“I served this to company during the holidays and their response was great," writes Joan Airey of Rivers, Manitoba. "For extra color, I sometimes sprinkle the mushrooms with fresh parsley after they’re baked.”
30-35 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 30 to 35 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 pound Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop; set caps aside. In a
- large skillet, saute the mushrooms, bacon, red pepper, onion, salt
- and pepper in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic;
- cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in cheeses. Fill each mushroom cap with
- about 1 tablespoon of filling.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes
- or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 30-35 appetizers.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as