A twist on traditional pancakes featuring sweet potatoes and Jones Canadian Bacon. Try applesauce as an alternative to maple syrup on top. Recipe provided by Jones Sausage
Recommended: Breakfast Ideas for People Who Don't Like Eggs
- For the Walnuts:
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Salt to taste
- For the Pancakes:
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons melted butter
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 (6 oz) package Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon
- Unsweetened applesauce or apple compote, to serve
- Maple syrup, to serve
For the Walnuts:
In skillet over medium heat, combine walnuts, syrup, chipotle powder and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, three minutes. Set aside.
For the Pancakes:
Boil 4-6 cups water in medium sauce pan. Peel sweet potato and cube into 1-inch pieces; add to boiling water. Cover and boil 25 minutes or until soft. Drain potatoes and transfer to large clean mixing bowl. Mash potatoes. Once potatoes are smooth, add flours, milk, eggs, butter, baking powder, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir until combined. If batter is too thick, add an additional 1/4 cup milk.
- Place Canadian Bacon on griddle over medium heat. When Canadian Bacon begins to brown on one side, flip. Immediately ladle about 1/3 cup pancake batter over top of cooking Canadian Bacon. Cook pancake until edges begin to brown and pancakes become bubbly, about 2 minutes. Flip pancakes and finish cooking, approximately 1 minute more.
- Drizzle pancakes with applesauce, apple compote, or maple syrup. Sprinkle with candied walnuts. Yield: 8 servings
Originally published as Canadian Bacon-Spiked Sweet Potato Pancakes in Jones Sausage 2016
Reviews for Canadian Bacon-Spiked Sweet Potato Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review