Canadian Bacon Potato Soup Recipe
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 5 slices (3 ounces) Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1 package butter-flavored granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 7 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1/3 cup minced chives
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute onions until tender. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Set aside 1 cup potato mixture.
- 2. Puree remaining mixture in batches in a blender or food processor; return to the pan. Stir in the milk, Canadian bacon, butter-flavored granules, salt, pepper and reserved potato mixture. Heat through (do not boil). Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream; sprinkle with chives. Yield: 7 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 156 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 609 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat-free milk.