Whether you're looking for a fun appetizer or a tasty side dish, these potato skins are sure to fill the bill! Mary Plummer of DeSoto, Kansas tops potato shells with Canadian bacon, chopped tomato and reduced-fat cheese.
- 6 large baking potatoes (12 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped Canadian bacon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Place potatoes on a microwave-safe plate; prick with a fork. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 14-17 minutes or until tender but firm, turning once. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard pulp or save for another use).
- Combine oil and pepper sauce; brush over potato shells. Sprinkle with chili powder. Cut each potato shell in half lengthwise. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the tomato, bacon, onion and cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 12-14 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Canadian Bacon Potato Skins in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p47
Reviews for Canadian Bacon Potato Skins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review