Canadian Bacon Pizza Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 16 slices Canadian bacon
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cut bread in half lengthwise, then in half widthwise. Place cut side up in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Brush with butter. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Spread marinara sauce over bread. Top with Canadian bacon, pineapple, green pepper, onions and cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each piece in half. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 440 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 1343mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Canadian Bacon Pizza
"This is indeed easy to prepare and delicious!"
"Made this for my super picky husband, so had to leave off the onions and peppers. Used my own homemade marinara sauce. Didn't have Canadian bacon, so used thinly sliced ham instead. I cut the loaf so one side was thicker than the other to please both thin-crust and deep-crust lovers. Tasty and easy!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.