Canadian bacon with pineapple and green pepper on French bread makes a quick and tasty pizza.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 16 slices Canadian bacon
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise, then in half widthwise. Place cut side up in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Brush with butter. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread marinara sauce over bread. Top with Canadian bacon, pineapple, green pepper, onions and cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each piece in half. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Canadian Bacon Pizza in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p175
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Canadian Bacon Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review