This unique sweet-and-sour pizza bread is as much fun to assemble as it is to eat. Topped with Canadian Bacon, green pepper, pineapple tidbits and plenty of mozzarella cheese, the loaf was a knockout at our daughter's birthday party.
- 1 unsliced loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1-1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut loaf in half lengthwise; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread cut sides of bread with the pizza sauce. Top with the Canadian bacon, pineapple, green pepper and cheese.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 slices.
Originally published as Canadian Bacon Pizza Loaf in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p32
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Canadian Bacon Pizza Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review