- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1/2 cup 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- 3 large sweet onions, sliced (about 6 cups)
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cut in 1/2 cup butter until crumbly. Gradually add cottage cheese, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- In large skillet, saute onions in remaining butter until golden brown. Stir in Canadian bacon, pepper and remaining salt. Remove from heat; add eggs and cheddar cheese. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Canadian Bacon Onion Quiche
Sort By :
hands down the tastiest quiche I have ever had! Delicious! Note - I added an extra egg
This was great! I used 4 eggs & added parsley. I added some garlic to the onions. The flavor was very rich! I think I might even add another egg next time. I served this with steamed broccoli & fresh fruit for dinner.
This was great! I used 4 eggs & added parsley. I added some garlic to the onions. The flavor was very rich! I think I might even add another egg next time & maybe some veggies like roasted red pepper. I served this with steamed broccoli & fresh fruit for dinner.
Was very good but a little dry. When I make it again I will increase the eggs to 4. I used white onions and they turned out great. My husband even liked it and he is very picky. The crust was very tasty.