Tostada shells are topped with crispy fried Canadian Bacon, spicy pinto beans, shredded cheese and a fried egg for a great-tasting start to your day. Recipe provided by Jones Sausage
- 4 tostada shells
- 1 (6 oz) package Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon jalapenos, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 4 eggs, fried or poached
- Sour cream (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Heat tostadas for five minutes.
- Cut Canadian Bacon into 1/2-inch wide strips. Cook in skillet over high heat until browned ? about 2 minutes.
- Combine pinto beans and salsa verde in medium bowl and heat in microwave on high for one minute. Stir.
- To assemble, top tostada shells with hot pinto bean mixture, shredded cheese, Canadian Bacon, jalapeno, cilantro, and scallions. Top each with fried or poached egg. Serve hot with sour cream and salsa as desired. Yield: 4 servings
Originally published as Canadian Bacon Breakfast Tostada in Jones Sausage 2016