Can't Miss Coconut Custard Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup flaked coconut, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2-2/3 cups 2% milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Sprinkle coconut over crust; set aside. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, flour, vanilla and salt. Pour over coconut; sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Can't Miss Coconut Custard Pie(6)
Sort By :
yummy....wish it had more custard. I incorporated the coconut in the pie and a very thin layer atop....Pretty pie
Excellent pie, my one change is that I toasted the coconut. It was amazing!
Everyone loved this and I agree, needs a bigger pie shell.
Excellent pie - am making again today. Delicious!
I made it without a crust and only 1/2 cup sugar. It was so good. If there were a chocolate topping it would taste like a famous candy bar. JPR
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Coconut Pie >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Custard Pie >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Custard Pies >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >