Can't Miss Coconut Custard Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup flaked coconut, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2-2/3 cups 2% milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Sprinkle coconut over crust; set aside. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, flour, vanilla and salt. Pour over coconut; sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 322 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Can't Miss Coconut Custard Pie
"yummy....wish it had more custard. I incorporated the coconut in the pie and a very thin layer atop....Pretty pie"
"Excellent pie, my one change is that I toasted the coconut. It was amazing!"
"Everyone loved this and I agree, needs a bigger pie shell."
"Excellent pie - am making again today. Delicious!"
"I made it without a crust and only 1/2 cup sugar. It was so good. If there were a chocolate topping it would taste like a famous candy bar. JPR"
"Coconut would probably be better if toasted first. The filling almost over-flowed my 9.5 inch Deep-dish pie pan; I would recommend making it in a 10 inch deep-dish pan."