Can't Miss Coconut Custard Pie Recipe
This soft custard pie has a mild coconut flavor. Who wouldn't love a hearty slice topped with a dollop of whipped cream? Betty Swain, Bear, Delaware
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup flaked coconut, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2-2/3 cups 2% milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Sprinkle coconut over crust; set aside. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, flour, vanilla and salt. Pour over coconut; sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 322 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC