Can't Miss Coconut Custard Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup flaked coconut, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2-2/3 cups 2% milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Sprinkle coconut over crust; set aside. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, flour, vanilla and salt. Pour over coconut; sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 322 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Can't Miss Coconut Custard Pie
"yummy....wish it had more custard. I incorporated the coconut in the pie and a very thin layer atop....Pretty pie"
"Excellent pie, my one change is that I toasted the coconut. It was amazing!"
"Everyone loved this and I agree, needs a bigger pie shell."
"Excellent pie - am making again today. Delicious!"
"I made it without a crust and only 1/2 cup sugar. It was so good. If there were a chocolate topping it would taste like a famous candy bar. JPR"
"Coconut would probably be better if toasted first. The filling almost over-flowed my 9.5 inch Deep-dish pie pan; I would recommend making it in a 10 inch deep-dish pan."