- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and oil. Press two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Set remaining cake mixture aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, chocolate chips and butter. Microwave, uncovered, until chips and butter are melted; stir until smooth. Pour over crust.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of remaining cake mixture over top. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Can't Leave Alone Bars
"These bars have to go, mine just was awful, I will never make them again. The chocolate all went to the bottom, where did I go wrong. It is hard to get out the of pan. Down the disposable they go. Alice"
"If there was a way to give a recipe negative 5 stars I would. This is absolutely AWFUL. Tastes terrible, downright terrible!! I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out like crap. Disgusting flavor."
"Very Good! No problems, except sometimes different brands of cake mix make it turn out a bit different, but I am still trying to weed out the brands of mix I didn't like. Just be sure not to overcook, and these will fly out of the pan!"
"Does anyone know if these can be frozen??????"
"Easy and delicious!"
"awful! I followed the recipe to the tee and there wasnt enough batter to line a 13x9 pan, you almost have to double the recipe just to get enough batter. I also found there wasnt enough liquid for the batter so it was very hard and dry-i dont know what others did that i didnt do to make this a good recipe but i wouldnt make it again!"
"Nothing special. I was looking forward to these based on the reviews. Usually anything made with sweetened condensed milk is delicious. Baked until golden brown , but the bars were mushy."
"I followed the recipe except used butterscotch chips...OMG are they sticky.....I can't believe just changing that would make them so darn sticky."
"These are great!"
"Awesome everyone loves them."