Can't Leave Alone Bars Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and oil. Press two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Set remaining cake mixture aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, chocolate chips and butter. Microwave, uncovered, until chips and butter are melted; stir until smooth. Pour over crust.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of remaining cake mixture over top. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Can't Leave Alone Bars(16)
Sort By :
The name says it all. I will probably try other cake mix flavors and other types of chips, for variety. Almost addicitve.
My family and friends love these bars. I still get request for these on my facebook page and I have even made some profit from these. I experimented with different varieties, like adding pecans to the mixture, I have made white chocolate, and I have also added almonds.. These bars are unforgettable and they always get gone even when I make two pans at a time..
Always a winner
I have been making these since the recipe was first published! Someone always asks for the recipe! If you want them even more chocolatey and rich, use a chocolate cake mix! YUMMY
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >