Can't Leave Alone Bars
Convenient cake mix hurries along the preparation of these tasty bars from Kimberly Biel. "I bring these quick-and-easy treats to church meetings, potlucks and housewarming parties. I often make a double batch so we can enjoy some at home," writes the Java, South Dakota cook.
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and oil. Press two-thirds
- of the mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Set remaining
- cake mixture aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, chocolate chips and
- butter. Microwave, uncovered, until chips and butter are melted;
- stir until smooth. Pour over crust.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of remaining cake mixture over top. Bake at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before
- cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 152 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.